Thursday, March 28, 2013

Hilton Head Spring

Thursday -- Day 5

Finally!


I do believe I am winning the battle of good germs v. bad germs.  And the weather is beginning to change.


I had my longed-for walk on the beach, still cool and breezy, but spring is in the air.  The beach is enormous, it seems there is either not much high tide, or I've been there at extremely low tide all week, and it's as calm as a bathtub.  No cars on the beach, not even the patrol variety, but lots of people, riding bikes (lots of bikes), flying kites, building sand castles, walking, sunning.  But the shore was so vast it hardly seemed populated.  My kind of place.









Sir Terry and Me

And it must be a vacation because I'm reading another Discworld saga.  The problem being that laughter -- even a chuckle -- can still lead to coughing fits.  But worth the risk.  I think the word "delight" was invented for the experience of recognizing the parallel between what has just happened in Ankh-Morpork and here in our world.  I know my aha! moments happen far later than the average Pratchett fan, but with no less amazement and joy.




No comments:

Post a Comment